PAUL H. JIMERSON
215 Grove Acre Avenue #1
Pacific Grove, California 93950
• Goddard College, Plainfield, Vermont. Masters in Art History.
• University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Masters Program in Art History.
Teaching Assistantship, Concentration in contemporary art.
• Massachusetts College of Art, Boston. B.A. Art History. Internship with Kenworth Moffett,
Harcus Krakow Gallery, Boston, MA. Sales Assistant.
Archiving of art works at prestigious gallery; helped hang shows; assisted owners in showing art works; packing art works for shipping.
Boston Museum of Fine Arts Shop, Boston, MA. Sales Assosciate.
Customer service; cash register; stocking.
Manchester Co. Hardware, Easthampton, MA. Sales Associate.
Customer service; cash register; inventory; stocking, merchandising.
Beyond Words Bookshop, Northampton, MA. Sales Assosciate.
Customer service; cash register; labeling and stocking books, merchandising.
Décor International, Boston, MA. Sales Assistant.
Assisted in showing Oriental rugs; preparing works for shipping; maintaining stock.
The Frame Shop, Cincinnati, OH. Sales Assosciate.
Framing; matting; packing items for shipping.
• Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Connecticut. Worked on ‘Acquiring Art in the ‘90s’ exhibition.
• Currier Gallery of Art, Manchester, New Hampshire. Wrote letters to potential donors to the museum, which resulted in several significant gifts to the museum; worked at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Zimmerman House.
• Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Assistant Curator for first exhibition in the I.M. Pei wing, Larry Poons: Paintings 1971-1981. Traveled to NYC and Toronto to help select paintings, worked on catalog, helped hang and light the show.
• Larry Poons: Paintings 1971-1981. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1981. Wrote extensive bibliography and chronology, used by Andre Emmerich Gallery, NYC.
• Hartford Advocate, Hartford, Connecticut. Article on violinist Chee-Yun, profile of
HSO Music Director Michael Lankester, preview of Sir Michael Tippett’s The Rose Lake and HSO performance.
• Valley Advocate, Hatfield, Massachusetts. ‘Art Watch’ feature on photography show at Smith College.
• Springfield College, Springfield, Massachusetts. Adjunct Professor of Art History.
• Greenfield Community College, Greenfield, Massachusetts. Adjunct Professor of Art History.
• Thomas Segal Gallery, Boston. Gallery Assistant.
• Hayden Gallery (MIT), Cambridge. Gallery Assistant.